Friday, July 13, 2007

the call

I was watching "Regarding HENRY' the other day when lthe jphone rang- pretty unusual for anyone to ring us at this time of the day... turns out to be the builder who rang earlier to give me a quote for a bathrooom renovation.

After ten minutes the phone rings again...I got a " what now?" expression on my face....turns out to be my sister....

me: Hello...

Her: Hello? why haven't you called lately?

Me: Didn't yyou receive my email telling you I'd go easy on calls 'cause the cost is getting out oof hand? Besides... my last call was 3 days ago...

her: It's mom she had an accident...earlier tonight..

..what followed became all blurry... a few words stuck out which I could remember....accident...operation....steel to be inserted on foot...serious....

That would be the start of a sleeppless night for me....

No comments:

OK to....

  • Little Miss Sunshine, The Shawshank Redemption, The Departed,

smile
Powered By Blogger